the masquerade

nero propositions a threesome, rico & riggs share a dance, nadira causes a commotion 

[emily]: Bela can probably find their way to Rose Night and approaches just as multiple strangers are attempting to shove things in his mouth
[ashley]: not the first time

DM | Jay:

ok! what have your characters been focused on for the past several weeks? (we probably won’t go into too much depth here, just to get a general sense of what you’ve been up to)

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Free time Rico is getting pumped to go kill this scary evil man! That and trying to rebuild his reputation that got thrashed by those punks. Lots of shows lots of music. Being Cool.

Borrislav:

Borrislav has had a hard couple weeks, so I think he has been keeping mostly introspective and been keeping to himself. He also has had to deal with Regulus, who is now in town.

Borrislav:

Regulus being a fragment of Fang which is currently inactive because Fang is still trapped.

Luciana Octavius:

Nadira, after helping arrest Maple the drug lord in the underground Skullport market with Dabe, Toivo, August, and Buck, as well as losing all her money, has been trying to get some face back and some money as well. she’s been looking into her people around the city and probably spending some time with Dabe trying to build up more connections in the Local Drug Lord community. she’s also busy helping keep Rico’s bar managed and helping him look into this mysterious black sun person.

nero:

Nero has been looking into evil scary man but more along the lines of what to do when they DO encounter him, what would work, trying to gather more information / rumors about who he is and what he can do

nero:

Also avoiding anyone from school

Hannelore:

Hannelore has been hanging out at Thomas Hatche’s Shack when she’s not doing a gig somewhere, trying to build connections I guess

Borrislav:

Literally the first bar you saw in town?

Hannelore:

Yes and also the place where I actually KNOW someone

Hannelore:

Thomas seemed to like me well enough

DM | Jay:

Cool! @RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN , what is the biggest venue Rico has played at in Waterdeep?

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

HMMMM not a big fancy theater but definitely most of the clubs and bars in town.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

I don’t know size relation but if this were modern times definitely could have played like, first ave but not anything bigger

DM | Jay:

What’s the name of that spot?

nero:

Second avenue

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

perfect

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

that

Hannelore:

damn

Hannelore:

I was gonna say Second Street

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

also acceptable

DM | Jay:

Second Avenue on Second Street

Hannelore:

YES good

nero:

I like it

DM | Jay:

@Borrislav Where does Borrislav go, other than his cave, when he’s keeping to himself?

Borrislav:

Thomas’s bar mostly.

Borrislav:

Sometimes the woods surrounding the cave as he keeps a self-sustaining lifestyle.

Luciana Octavius:

please come to Rico’s bar and tip me

Borrislav:

Gardens and whatnot.

Borrislav:

Ricos bar is… Too flashy.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

my bar is more fun,but not good for being sad

Borrislav:

Not really the scene of an old grump.

Borrislav:

He already got THAT experience by being a bouncer there temporarily and living in the basement.

Borrislav:

So if he comes to town, he goes to Thomas’s bar. Not a venue with a band by any means, and for the most part people don’t bother him.

Hannelore:

Hannelore totally bothers him.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

the church of hot addiction has a great poetry night

DM | Jay:

Does he maintain gardens in the woods at all?

Borrislav:

The main garden he maintains is the one inside the cave itself which he needed to regrow after it was destroyed.

Borrislav:

As it is (or was) winter last I checked, that is the main one he’d keep an eye on. Being undeground gives it a little more shelter from the elements, like a greenhouse effect.

DM | Jay:

True, yeah. It is becoming spring now – does he have any plans to expand, or will he just focus on that one?

Borrislav:

However there are other gardens up top that he would pay more attention to in the spring.

DM | Jay:

Does he generally grow flowers or herbs or vegetables?

Borrislav:

The outside gardens are for vegetables and grains mostly.

Borrislav:

the inner gardens mostly for herbs and flowers

Borrislav:

which is where he gathers a large chunk of his medicinal herbs he uses when he heals people.

Borrislav:

Herbs, teas, some flowers with medicinal properties (and because they look nice)

DM | Jay:

@Luciana Octavius Where does Nadira go to try to find connections in the underworld?

Luciana Octavius:

I think she would go back to Skullport market, maybe in disguise though. she’s probably asking around a lot about the lady of whipsers while she’s there too trying to figure out what that whole mess is about.

Luciana Octavius:

she’ll keep her ears open around town, spending some time with dabe to see who he knows so she can expand her network a bit more

DM | Jay:

What kind of crime is she most interested in getting involved with?

Luciana Octavius:

hm

Luciana Octavius:

white collar crimes

DM | Jay:

So like, embezzling?

Luciana Octavius:

I think something along the line of little mini heists

DM | Jay:

I feel like any heist you attempt with Dabe may become a Large Heist

Luciana Octavius:

maybe? I think she’s interested in moving towards setting up a crew to steal things and re-sell them

Luciana Octavius:

FAIR

DM | Jay:

@nero Where does Nero spend time now that he’s trying to avoid the school and his classmates?

nero:

Nero would probably spend around Rico’s New Temple keeping an eye out for anyone particularly weird, otherwise would ask around at bars (about riggs) BUT NOT the seedy ones because those scare him also he wouldn’t ask around TOO much bc he doesn’t want to seem suspicious

nero:

Also i think he. Needs somewhere to live now

nero:

Unless he can still live in the dorms while not attending school

DM | Jay:

N-no

nero:

Dang

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

are you

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

homesless

nero:

No

nero:

Shut up

Luciana Octavius:

he is

Luciana Octavius:

it’s ok toivo was once too

nero:

Don’t compare me to HIM

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

go live with issa samson dmytro and alexei

DM | Jay:

What kind of apartment could he afford?

nero:

His parents pay for his food and probably a little extra!

nero:

But he doesn’t have a job otherwise

nero:

So probably not. A great one

nero:

I do think he would ask issa actually tho

DM | Jay:

Well, sounds like Nero’s either living with Issa or down by the docks

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

he is a baby!!!!

nero:

Issa please

Luciana Octavius:

we can’t let our baby sleep on the docks

DM | Jay:

@Hannelore Has Hannelore booked any more gigs since Adonis’ party?

DM | Jay:

+ Where at?

Hannelore:

Yeah she’s probably getting around town at all of the smaller places, maybe trying to find a residency somewhere

DM | Jay:

Where would she be seeking a residency?

Hannelore:

I think she really likes playing at like, smaller cafes/restaurants? More intimate places

Hannelore:

I think she just wants a stable place where she goes to play x amount of nights

Hannelore:

But she’s particular so she’s having a hard time finding a place she likes enough

DM | Jay:

What vibe is she looking for in a cafe or restaurant?

Hannelore:

Chill. Maybe it’s the place where like, young kids in love like to go? It’s a hot first date spot?

Hannelore:

Somewhere where people are like “yes this is intimate and romantic”

DM | Jay:

Cute

DM | Jay:

Okay, any last comments on downtime stuff before we start the masquerade?

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

rico is very excited for the masquerade

Hannelore:

I just have that stupid Phantom song in my head

DM | Jay:

“Adventure! Networking! Wine! Fine Finger Foods! The Lords of Waterdeep’s Annual Gala is the 17th of the month of Ches. Open to any and all registered citizens of Waterdeep – if you can pay the exit fee.” The annual gala is held in Castle Waterdeep at the foot of the mountain. It’s traditionally a masquerade where the Lords of Waterdeep mingle among their citizens, none of them aware of who is who. There is no entrance requirement other than a mask, but anyone who is unable to pay an EXIT fee by midnight (a fee unspecified until you arrive at the ball) will be thrown in jail by the magistrates until they can pay their bail. Naturally, this peculiar tradition attracts many unsavory characters, but just as many nobles, merchants, political allies. So for anyone looking to make a connection, whether that be a job, information, or even a connection to Waterdeep’s underworld, this is a premiere opportunity – as long as you can see beyond the masks.

DM | Jay:

The party ends at the stroke of midnight – that is, 9 pm real time. Your group will get 3 exp for each party member that completes their goal: Borrislav: Find out more about how to deal with Riggs Hannelore: Find more adventuring opportunities Nadira: Find a new crime connection to get in with Rico + Nero: Find out the connection between The Black Sun and the Lords of Waterdeep Change your nickname (and username, if you want) to your character’s pseudonym for the night. Change your icon to something else (a representation of your character masked, for example). Of course, this relies on the honor system – you won’t be able to look at anyone’s profile during the course of the game, and do your best not to check out the sidebar while people are switching nicknames and icons. If you want to ask me a question or make a roll that would give your identity away and you’re not ready for people to know what you’re up to yet, feel free to DM it to me. We’ll reconvene in 10 minutes at 4:50.

DM | Jay:

The masquerade is held in a glittering ballroom in Castle Waterdeep. Blue, purple, and golden drapery lines the ceiling. A rainbow swirl of people move across the dancefloor and among the shadows on the edge of the room. The buffet table holds everything from wine fountains to chocolate ladyfingers to ceviche. Waterdeep’s City Guard provide security, standing guard at the doors and windows to prevent anyone leaving without paying. Near the door, an inconspicuous sign says, “The fee to leave is 500 Waterdhavian gold pieces.” Describe what your character is wearing, including their choice of mask.

Hannelore:

Hannelore:

I’m bad at description

Borrislav:

A short individual wears a silver wolf mask with the cheeks lined in fur. The fur itself descends down into the person’s bears, which ties into a tightly braided knot below. A deep green sash with golden inlay adorns their doublet, a woodey brown. Metal pauldrons adorn each shoulder, intricate and glinting as is tradition for his people – One small piece of armor, though nothing that would actually help that much in a fight.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

The ROSE KNIGHT with freshly polished armor with roses embossed into delicate filigree. A mask with winding horns and freshly picked roses winding elegantly through feathers. He has a sword sheathed on his hip and a cape over one draped to his lower back.

kay:

They’re wearing a long, floor length robe made of a lovely curtain of magically preserved leaves, shifting in colors from a pale yellow on the shoulders to a deep red on the floor. Under the cloak is a simple chocolate colored robe cinched at the waist with a fine rope. They wear a mask of a stag.

nero:

Bela is wearing a white capelet, pants, and tall boots. They’re adorned in various jewelries that almost seem to clash, but are wearing a very plain mask (navy) with a single white flower on its side.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana Octavius is wearing a gold and purple suit with a large flowing cloak that extends to the floor and covers their arms like a shawl and seems to shift from gold to purple in the light. The suit has a large deep cut v neck, and the fabric is satin and loose around their waist, but tight at the hips down. Large gold stilletto heels. They’re wearing a brilliant gold and purple trimmed metallic mask of carved lacey design.

Thomas Hatche:

A lithe blue tiefling sporting a jackal skull mask, painted Black with gold filigree. They are wearing a vest with a star pattern and twisting strands of green and gold inlay.

DM | Jay:

Upon entering, these people stand out to you: -A person in a black cat mask and a navy blue suit with a military vibe. They’re smoking a thick cigar. -A tall person wearing a full-face mask of silver wire woven in a mesmerizing pattern. They wear an icy blue chiffon dress and their silver hair ripples long and fine down their back. – A slight person wearing a black over-the-head horned dragon mask and a floor-sweeping cape with a fur collar over a double-breasted tailcoat. – A person wearing a jester’s mask with a colorful patchwork coat. Their pants and boots, however, are quite sober and dark. – A person with a plain black half mask, wearing a long, severe black robe. Their shoes have bright red soles. – A person wearing a half-mask with roses embroidered onto it. Their dark hair is in an updo, beads winding and cascading through to settle around their shoulders. Their dress is deep red with a plunging neckline. – A person in a leather dog mask, wearing a simple dark suit over a shirt woven with golden threads. – A person in a golden bird mask, wearing a blue overcoat embroidered with a weaving, hypnotic pattern over a loose metallic robe. – A person wearing a beaded headdress that shifts and moves as they do, revealing only bits of their face. They wear a long robe fitted through their torso and revealing their strong, toned arms, which are covered with blackwork tattoos.

DM | Jay:

Well! All the players have been introduced, and you all have your goals for tonight. This one is going to be roleplaying-heavy, so feel free to make your moves.

Borrislav:

The short individual makes their way into the hall. What is the setup of the hall itself? Are there balconies? Guards? Hidden alcoves?

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Is anyone dancing yet?

DM | Jay:

When you enter the ballroom, two staircases spiral away from the door, leading to a mezzanine above. Guards stand near the doors and windows, but there are still plenty of places to have quiet conversations between the drapery and corners. Many people are already dancing, but just as many are socializing around the dance floor as well.

DM | Jay:

The main ballroom has a large open space in the center for dancing. The buffet is set up across the hall from the door, and small tables and a few benches line the walls

Borrislav:

I’ll walk over to the buffet table and gather a drink for courage – After all it’s going to be a long night, and I never liked going to parties like this, even back at home. What is there in the way of refreshments? Wines? Perhaps even some heartier beverages?

Luciana Octavius:

Beyond the decoration of the hall for the event, are there any items of interest to look at? Fine vases, cutlery, artworks?

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: It’s pretty much all wine, unfortunately. The nobles of Waterdeep do it like that. LUCIANA: There are many fine, historical statues around the room – famous people from Waterdeep’s history, mostly.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

With a flip of their cape the Knight produces a rose from under his cape almost like magic offering it to the person in the plunging red dress+ rose mask. “I think this was meant for you tonight. Care to dance” ((can i roll a preformance check))

DM | Jay:

((go for it))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((25))

DM | Jay:

A smile curls at the edge of her red-painted lips and she takes your rose, tucking it into her hair. “I’ll dance with you.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Brilliant” definitely a dnd-british accent there

DM | Jay:

She takes you for a spin on the dance floor. In her heels, she’s several inches taller than you, and she’s definitely leading the dance.

Luciana Octavius:

Can I make a perception check on the ballroom to see who might be conversing in groups?

nero:

How are the guards equipped?

Borrislav:

Can’t afford for taste. A deeper red wine will do nicely. He’ll make his way over to the gentleman with the cigar, taking a drink from the glass, and making sure to avoid the spinning dancers on the floor. “What a party – Never been one for them meself, but the wine isn’t half bad.”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Yes, go ahead. BELA: The guards are holding spears. That’s all you can see at a glance.

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: The person with the cigar takes a long drag and nods. “I prefer whiskey, myself.”

Luciana Octavius:

((7))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I have to say, I’m new to waterdeep but i’m hoping this event lives up to expectations. I’m hoping for some excitement” He is sad he is not leading but fine, whatever.

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: The person in the golden bird mask and the person in the plain black half mask are conversing in a way that makes you think they might be friends. ROSE KNIGHT: She smiles again and you see a finely sculpted eyebrow raise behind her mask. “Oh? Where are you from originally?”

Hannelore:

Gilded Rose approaches the person in the blue chiffon dress and does a small nod and curtsey. “I do adore your attire tonight. Who are you wearing?”

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: “Why, it’s a custom piece from Victor Eveningsfire, dear. Your dress is lovely as well, who is it by?” She seems pleasant in a very practiced way.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana glides slowly across the ballroom, sticking to the edges away from the dancers towards the person in the golden bird mask and the person in the plain half mask, but not directly at them so as to draw attention. They busy themselves with a glass of wine and lean against the wall, sipping idly while inconspicuously eavesdropping on the pair’s conversation.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Well this woman might have made her eyebrows sculpted to perfection but you can’t beat his naturally exquisite pointed brows. Not that you can see them behind the mask. “I don’t think its about where you’re from but where you are going. What do you do besides show up my dance moves”

Luciana Octavius:

((lmfao))

Borrislav:

“Whiskey? Well if only I had thought ahead to bring my flask!” The man laughs heartily and extends a hand to the cat-masked gentleman. “I go my Silfgrimm. You frequent these then, or just for the night?”

kay:

Hickory is going to glide over to the person wearing the dragon mask, offering them a glass of wine. “Your look is fantastic, what inspired you?”

Hannelore:

“An Eveningsfire, of course. Mine is Ivy Iskander! Custom as well. I had the fortune to make their acquaintance personally in recent weeks and they’re quite the darling. Are you accompanied tonight or flying solo for the evening? “

nero:

Bela grabs something from the buffet, and after people-watching for safe amount of time, tries to locate where the bathroom might be.

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Now that you’ve drawn closer, you can see the conversation is more tense than you initially thought, but you can’t overhear much in the crowded ballroom. You catch the words “magistrate” “Xanathar” and “gold” before the person in the bird mask spins on their heel and stalks off. ROSE KNIGHT: “Oh, I see we’re going to be evasive this evening! Personally, I work, ocassionally relax, and once in a while enjoy a glass of wine.” SILFGRIMM: The cat masked person extends their hand as well. “I go by Cat, tonight, anyway. My business means that I ought to come to this sort of event, although I don’t love it either.” Roll an insight check. HICKORY: The person in the dragon mask takes the wine but doesn’t sip it as their mask covers their face. “The terror and majesty of dragons .What about you?” GILDED ROSE: “Oh, I fly solo for most appearances and events these days. But it allows me to make new connections all the time!” BELA: The bathrooms are in the middle of the hall. There’s already a line.

nero:

((hell)

Hannelore:

Rose inclines their head slightly. “Connections are indeed the commodity of the night, aren’t they? Met anyone interesting yet so far?”

kay:

“I love it. The beauty of endings is what inspires me tonight.” Hickory pauses for a moment. “I didn’t really consider that you can’t drink that, but why did you pick something that completely covers your mouth?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Royal Knight looking for a new start in a new town, any recommendations for a good glass of wine”

Borrislav:

((14 for insight))

Thomas Hatche:

I slide my hand into the ROSE KNIGHT’S at the partner change and say “and here I thought there would be nothing of note at tonight’s party”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana slides up next to the person wearing the rose half mask and says, “You seem a bit…tense for a party, dear. Need a drink?”

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: “I’ve met a couple of VERY interesting entrepreneurs already – one who’s petitioning the Masked Lords to start a proper Adventurer’s Guild, and one whose purpose is…well, frankly, they were a bit cagey about it, but they seemed very concerned with something about the state of politics.” She nods to the cat-mask and the jester-mask in turn. HICKORY AUTUMN: “I don’t really need to eat much.” You can’t see their face at all, but you get the sense they’re giving you a disconcerting smile. SILFGRIMM: You recognize this person’s voice – haven’t you gotten a job or two from them in the past? ROSE KNIGHT + PROMISED PROSPERITY : The rose masked woman allows herself to be swept from one set of arms into another. As she does, she calls back to the Rose Knight, “Avoid the reds here, the whites will suit you much better!” LUCIANA: They jump and round on you. “I can obtain a drink myself,” they snarl.

Luciana Octavius:

((I MEANT PLAIN HALF MASK NOT THE ROSE MASK SORRY))

Luciana Octavius:

((oop))

DM | Jay:

((oh ok i’ll edit that h/o))

Luciana Octavius:

((whoever the person was that was talking to the gold bird mask))

Luciana Octavius:

((ty sorry))

Hannelore:

“An Adventurer’s Guild, you say? Now there’s something interesting to hear. It’s always politics at these things though, isn’t it?” Rose watches the cat-mask and Silfgrimm carefully, hoping for a likely moment to join. “Do you yourself have anything interesting you hope to further tonight?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Feeding right away into the attention the ROSE KNIGHT is getting he laughs “Didn’t know I had a fan here”

kay:

Hickory smiles and asks, “Well, what do you do?”

Thomas Hatche:

“not a fan, not yet. I am enchanted to meet someone I’ve been hearing so much about”

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: “I like to consider this a break from the pressure of having my face out in the open, really.” You can roll an insight check. HICKORY AUTUMN: “That’s an odd question to ask at a masquerade, isn’t it? What do YOU do that you wouldn’t mind telling a potentially dangerous stranger about?” Somehow, when you glance down again, their wine glass seems to be emptier.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Mostly bad things i’m sure” He is absolutely going to lead this dance

Borrislav:

Ah. The smoking was the give-away. “Well, if ye hear anything interestin’, maybe stop by my way. And if ye find any whiskey, I’ll take a belt too.” and turns away. The exchange between Luciana and the plain masked individual catches his attention. He wanders over in that direction, but keeps a distance, listening in.

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: Oh wow – you’ve just realized this is the Open Lord of Waterdeep, Laerel Silverhand! She’s one of the most powerful mages in all of the land, and currently the public face of the Masked Lords.

kay:

“Odd questions for odd guests. A little casual chit-chat never hurt anyone. To answer your question, I like long walks through the woods.” They take a sip of wine.

Hannelore:

“Ah, yes. I myself haven’t the fortune, or perhaps sometimes misfortune? of being so recognizable, though I hope to one day. I imagine it’s quite nice just to be a person in a mask for a night and nothing more.”

Thomas Hatche:

PROMISED PROSPERITY lets him lead and pulls him close and whispers “you’d be surprised at what I’ve heard about you, but that shouldn’t spoil the night. We all deserve a night off without masters don’t we?”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana reacts cooly and slightly nonplussed. “My apologies. I wouldn’t presume you couldn’t. Perhaps we should try introductions again, as this is a party.” They extend one heavily jewelry clad hand. “You can call me Octavius. You can relax, I just want to talk.”

nero:

((Is anyone talking to the person with the jester mask))

DM | Jay:

HICKORY AUTUMN: “Casual chit-chat can turn not so casual in the blink of an eye though, can’t it? Long walks through the woods aren’t my thing, but I enjoy summiting the mountain and looking down on the city.” GILDED ROSE: “Fame certainly does come with it’s downfall. What profession are you hoping to aquire more notoriety in, if I may ask?” LUCIANA: Their eyebrows raise above their mask, but they take your hand and shake it. “My apologies. You caught me in a flustered moment. You may call me Maggs.”

DM | Jay:

((not yet))

kay:

“Ha ha what?”

kay:

Hickory would like to do an insight check

Borrislav:

Finishing his glass of wine, he sets the cup aside, watching the dancers in the middle of the floor. The one in the red dress was quite stunning, and the Rose Knight quite the skilled performer until they switched partners. His mind wasn’t on them though but on the conversation between Luciana and Mr. Red Soles.

kay:

((25 insight))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Words to live by. ” They’re absolutely going to try and dip PROMISED PROSPERITY

Hannelore:

“Ah, well, I’m a performer first and foremost, though I hope to branch out and find recognition in some other places, but all in due time. I’m quite new to town and am yet still feeling things out.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((can i roll preformance,,?))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana smiles warmly at Maggs. “Not at all. We all have our moments. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I apologize for catching you slightly unawares. At any rate, since you’re not having such a light and fun evening, what brings you here?”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: As you approach, you can overhead bits of their conversation.

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: As you approach, you can overhead bits of their conversation. ROSE KNIGHT: Go ahead and roll performance. GILDED ROSE: “Oh? I know a few venue owners, some quite exclusive. What are your credentials as a performer, and your style?” LUCIANA: Maggs straightens up, fixing their robe. “Oh, it’s really a work function. And you?” HICKORY AUTUMN: The more you talk to this person, the more they seem. Familiar. At first it’s just a growing sense of anxiety in your stomach, but some turn of phrase sets your memory off – this is RIGGS, the demon who’s stolen power and joined the Lords of Waterdeep!

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((natural 20, so a 32 hahaha))

nero:

((Oh my god and also oh my god))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: You perform a dip so amazing that people around you break apart to clap. It involves like, two spins and rose petals.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

thank you

Thomas Hatche:

I gasp for air after being swept off my feet “That is not something I heard you could do, but what a lovely surprise” ((I’d like to roll sleight of hand))

DM | Jay:

((go ahead))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((bitch my wisdom is good))

nero:

Bela downs half a glass of wine, glances out at the crowd again, before heading up the stairs to the balcony.

Thomas Hatche:

((26))

DM | Jay:

BELA: Up on the balcony, it’s easier to breathe with less crowds. You have a good view of the dance floor from up here. ROSE KNIGHT, roll a perception check against the slight of hand.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((21 whoops))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana twitches slightly upon noticing the ROSE KNIGHT’S attention-grabbing dance moves. She sighs quietly but returns her attention to Maggs. “I’m here to keep an eye on my friend over there, you know, make sure he has a good night.” Luciana gestures to the ROSE KNIGHT as he straightens up from the dip. “But I’m also here on business myself – looking into some new connections, one might say. What was it you said you do for work?”

DM | Jay:

PROMISED PROSPERITY, what do you do to the ROSE KNIGHT? LUCIANA: “Oh, I work for the city. What sort of connections were you looking to make?”

Thomas Hatche:

I slip a silver coin with a black center into the ROSE KNIGHT’s sleeve while kissing their hands and dissapear into the dance.

kay:

“Well, thanks for sharing a glass with me, but I have other matters to attend to.” Hickory bows out.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((LMAO))

Borrislav:

Connections? This could be juicy… ((Jay, since I was watching the dancers, want me to make a perception roll as well?))

DM | Jay:

((Sure))

Borrislav:

((Not that there is any way I’ll make that))

Borrislav:

((11, not even close))

nero:

Can Bela do a sweep of the room from up on the balcony

nero:

(That’s me)

kay:

((apparently not))

DM | Jay:

BELA: Yes, make a perception check.

Hannelore:

“Well, I am a graduate of the Whitemoor College of Lore. I did quite a bit of work regularly at one of the smaller venues there in Whitemoor for a year or two but, Waterdeep is … quite a different beast. I’ve had a bit of a stutter in getting my feet wet here, if you’ll excuse the pun, and if you’ve any leads on a place where stories of epic romance may be appreciated, I would be quite grateful indeed.”

kay:

Hickory makes their way up to the balcony for some air.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Feeling great after absolutely killing it on the dance floor the ROSE KNIGHT is gonna go get a drink from the bar. Who is all over there?

nero:

((That’s a spicy 3))

Hannelore:

((You can see that there are people in the room))

nero:

((Thanks))

Luciana Octavius:

“Lovely, just the person to meet!” Luciana smiles again and says, “I’m looking into the real estate around the city, for one thing, but I’m also interested in speaking to some museum curators or those who are interested in selling their more…exotic wares. Would you happen to know anyone of the sort? Perhaps that acquaintance of yours that you were talking to just before we spoke? Do they also work for the city?”

DM | Jay:

BELA: Unfortunately, your sweep of the room is interrupted by a tall person in a leafy cloak moving in front of your vision. GILDED ROSE: “Oh, certainly! I have some colleagues who LOVE epic romance tales, if you can be discreet and exclusive. But performing for them would serve to gain you so many more connections.” ROSE KNIGHT: Over by the drinks are the person in the golden bird mask, and the person in the beaded headdress. LUCIANA: Their eyebrows raise again. “Mm, I do know quite a few people interested in selling exotic wares, including that acquaintance of mine. Are you familiar with her as well?”

nero:

Are they engaging with Bela or just standing in their way?

kay:

Now they are. Hickory turns to BELA and says, “Oh, my apologies, I didn’t see you there. Are you enjoying the party?”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana giggles a little, “Well, if I did, her costume wouldn’t be very good at hiding her identity, now would it? But a it’s a lovely one at that – love the choice of the bird mask. But perhaps you could enlighten me about what business she’s here on? Or the wares she sells, perhaps.”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: “Her business is best not discussed in polite company. But I get the feeling you aren’t really polite company, are you?”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana shrugs off the sly comment. “Now what would ever give you that impression?”

Hannelore:

“I would be quite interested in connecting with them and seeing if I could be of service to them, certainly. If they’re so inclined, they can send for me at Shipmasters’ Hall in the Dock Ward, for now at least. I’ve yet to find more… permanent accommodations.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Can i make an insight check on both of them? The beadded headdress and bird. Do they have drinks, whats their vibe

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: “Exotic wares is certainly a dogwhistle for all sorts of things, isn’t it?” GILDED ROSE: “Of course, what a lovely opportunity for you then. I hope your talent is as exquisite as your company. Not to be gauche, but can I get a name with which to inquire for you?” ROSE KNIGHT: Go for it.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((thats a natural 1))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: You get the sense they’re both cops in disguise from how they’re standing.

nero:

Bela is a little startled. “Oh–” they clear their throat, almost performatively. “Oh, of course! Just– came up here to get a little air, you know.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((nice))

nero:

“I’m– I’m Bela.” They extend a hand to Hickory.

Hannelore:

“Oh, for you yes, of course. One may ask for the Cadenza. There’s only one of me, fortunately.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana frowns ever so slightly. “Forgive me, I thought I was speaking to someone with an interest in business of the highest caliber. But perhaps I should go talk to your friend for that sort of thing?”

kay:

Hickory sighs and says to BELA, “Yeah, it can get a little exhausting down there.” Hickory has not moved from standing in front of Bela, but takes their hand and kisses it gently on the back of the palm. “Hickory. Lovely to meet you.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Even with him clearly being a Royal Knight the ROSE KNIGHT knows that you gotta be careful around cops. He leans over to the bird cop “May I get you a drink?”

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: She inclines her head, her silver hair falling over one shoulder gracefully. “It’s been lovely to meet you, Cadenza.” LUCIANA: “Perhaps you should, if that’s the sort of thing you’re interested in.” Their mouth narrows into a line below their mask. ROSE KNIGHT: “I’m already drinking one, but sure, you can get me another one. I’ll double fist it.” They grin at you.

nero:

Bela is a little thrown off – expecting a handshake – but stays strong. “You as well.” There’s a silence. “Care to, ah. People-watch with me?”

Hannelore:

“And you, my lady. I shall cease monopolizing your time for the night, but I do so appreciate having had your company. I hope your anonymity for the night refreshes you.” Rose curtseys quite a bit deeper and then casts a look about for the cat-masked individual from earlier.

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: The cat-mask is standing near a window, being eyed by a guard as she smokes another fat cigar.

Thomas Hatche:

I make my way up to the balcony to LUCIANA & HICKORY

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana smiles wryly back. “Yes, it seems my…friend is making light conversation with her as we speak. In any case, it has been nice to make your acquaintance, Maggs. Enjoy your evening.” Luciana strides away, not looking back until she reaches the ROSE KNIGHT and the person with the bird mask, and then looks back to see if they’re being watched or followed.

kay:

“I’d love to. Are you looking for anyone in particular, or just enjoying the view?” Hickory asks.

Luciana Octavius:

((love that I found the one cop in the ball lmfao my luck is amazing))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Roll a perception check.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Wow this is a cool cop, which seems impossible. The Rose Knight goes and asks the bartender “May I have two of what Golden Bird mask is drinking”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: The bartender, who’s also wearing a black half mask, pours you two fizzy glasses of a light pink champagne.

Borrislav:

Silfgrimm sighs. Shady dealings might be a way in to the upper echelons of the city, but he has a feeling that will come with yet a worse price. He’ll move away from eavesdropping on Luciana, and will take a look around. There was a person with Jesters mask, what are they up to?

Luciana Octavius:

((13))

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: The jester-mask is up on the balcony, across the room from where Bela is being accosted by Hickory and Promised Prosperity. LUCIANA: You sense someone’s eyes on you, but Maggs has disappeared into the crowd. You’re not sure who’s watching you now or for what purpose.

Hannelore:

Rose skirts gracefully around the dance floor, picking up two champagne flutes from a tray on the way, and approaches the cat-mask. “Excuse my presumption, but I’ve always been of the opinion that a fine cigar should be accompanied by a fine drink.” She extends a flute, smiling. “I took the initiative to impose one upon you, so strong is the belief.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana approaches the ROSE KNIGHT. “Evening, dear. I see that you’ve been enjoying yourself as usual.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana gets herself another drink and turns to the person in the gold bird mask. “And who is your new friend?”

nero:

“Oh, ah, no one in particular – I like to play a sort of, game, at events like this.” He leans around Hickory, trying to get a good look at the crowd again. “Try and figure out who might be acquainted with one another based on … body language. It’s very … fun?” They crack a smile.

Borrislav:

Huh. Watching the people down below. He’ll make his way up the stairs, grabbing two more glasses of wine himself on the way up. Approaching the individual, he’ll hold up a glass. “Stuffy down there, don’t ye think?”

kay:

“Sounds kinda fun. Have you learned anything yet?” Hickory looks over the balcony.

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: She gives you a crooked grin as she takes it and clinks it against yours. “A lady after my own heart, then. What brings you over here? Just a fresh breeze?” LUCIANA + ROSE KNIGHT: The person in the bird mask takes the drink from the Rose Knight. “We’ve barely gotten acquainted, but you two seem to know each other. I go by Coryford – and you two?” SILFGRIMM: He takes the glass from you and lifts the mask slightly to take a drink. “It is indeed. Events like this…” He sighs. “They overwhelm me, really.”

Thomas Hatche:

I approach Bela and say “ahh crowd watching, always a good way to begin the night, I’m PROMISED PROSPERITY, and who do I have the pleasure of meeting tonight?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((can i roll a check to see if i know the name coryford))

DM | Jay:

((Sure))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((9 god he’s an idiot))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: The name isn’t familiar to you, but most people here are using pseudonyms anyway…

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana extends their hand again. “Octavius. The pleasure’s all mine. And yes, this is my dear friend, the Rose Knight. He’s quite charming as I’m sure you’ve noticed.”

Borrislav:

Is Silfgrimm able to see under the mask from his position when the individual takes a sip? “Aye, lad, I understand the feeling. Even in my days past, I never could get my head around politics. Why did you come out?”

Hannelore:

“A fresh breath of air and the song of a little bird who overheard talk of a proper Adventurer’s Guild. My best friend is a bird so understandably, I try to listen when they sing.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I think i’m taking to the Rose Knight for the evening.” He laughs, god he really wishes he had not gotten stuck with champagne. “I’m here for a fun evening.”

Luciana Octavius:

((can I roll perception on their mask, to see if I might recognize anything in particular about it?))

Luciana Octavius:

((the bird cop mask))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT + LUCIANA: “Yeah, I couldn’t help but notice his moves on the dance floor. Pretty slick.” They drain their first glass of champagne before moving on to the one the Rose Knight provided. SILFGRIMM: Roll a perception check. GILDED ROSE: “Oh, you must have been talking to one of the Lords. Yeah, I’m here petitioning them to authorize an Adventurer’s Guild – I run an adventuring company, but without the organization of a guild we’re really limited in our operations in the city.” LUCIANA: Go ahead.

Luciana Octavius:

((18))

nero:

Bela clenches their teeth at the next arrival. “Bela,” they say. “I haven’t figured a lot, but things seem tense between Purple and Rose Sword at the bar there.”

Hannelore:

“Have they been resistant to your petitions or do you feel there’s a good chance they may concede?”

Borrislav:

((22 Perception Check))

Thomas Hatche:

“I hope we have a duel, it’s always nice to have a distraction to keep the evening from growing bland and stale”

nero:

“Are those … allowed here?” Bela asks.

kay:

Hickory tries to look at the two at the bar to see what BELA is talking about, but then hears what PROMISED PROSPERITY says and turns to them. “Excuse me? You want a duel?”

kay:

“Why?”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Now that you look closer, you do actually notice something about the mask. It seems…..oddly similar to a mask you saw last month on display at a historical museum? SILFGRIMM: You’re able to sneak a peek under the mask. You recognize the face of a bard you’ve seen play in several venues around the city, a specialist in traditional dwarven epic tales. He sighs and says, “It’s my side job, I suppose.” GILDED ROSE: “Oh, they’ll concede in time. My adventurers have taken on work for them often enough that if I threaten to disband the company it’ll cause them trouble. They’re just dragging their feet to try to get a better deal out of me.”

Thomas Hatche:

“We all labor under these false masks, it’s good to let the passion flow as freely as the wine”

kay:

“I prefer to let my passion flow in other ways.” You get the sense that this is both flirtatious and threatening?

kay:

HICKORY winks at BELA

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana asks the gold bird mask person about their mask. “I couldn’t help but notice your mask from across the room…it’s so eye-catching. Simply gorgeous, I have to know more about it.”

Luciana Octavius:

((OWO))

Hannelore:

“Well, it sounds like you’re the person I came to this party in hopes of locating. I’ve had quite the run of luck tonight.”

Borrislav:

On any other night, Silfgrimm would be delighted to talk with such an individual, but he doubts it’d help his cause. “Oh? Hired to attend, perhaps? Must have quite the sponsor if your ‘side job’ is a party such as this.”

Thomas Hatche:

PROMISED PROSPERITY takes a step back “oh I seem to be intruding, please carry on without me, I’ll find my passions elsewhere”

nero:

“HAH” Bela says too loudly

kay:

HICKORY looks startled.

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA + ROSE KNIGHT: “Oh? I couldn’t help but notice you talking to Magistrate ‘Maggs’ as well.” They cock their head, giving you a sarcastic look from what you can see of their face. “What prompts you to ask about my mask?” GILDED ROSE: “Are you a lobbyist then? Or an adventurer?”

SILFGRIMM: He looks you up and down, and twists his mouth thoughtfully. “You seem a trustworthy sort. I wasn’t hired, in the strictest sense, and my side job isn’t exactly lucrative either. I’m a member of the Harpers. We like to keep an eye on events like this, where the underworld mingles with the nobility even more publicly than usual.”

nero:

It sounds more panicked than an actual laugh. He gestures to PROMISED PROSPERITY, “No, it’s– you aren’t, we aren’t– you can leave if you like of course, but– you’re more than welcome to, stay?”

Borrislav:

((Would Silfgrimm know of this faction off the top of his head?))

DM | Jay:

((roll a wisdom check))

Thomas Hatche:

He lingers at the steps, “I’ll stay but only if you tell me a secret, something nobody on this balcony knows”

Borrislav:

((13 wisdom))

nero:

“Um,”

Hannelore:

ROSE snort laughs a little. “I’d like to think I’m much more charming than any lobbyist you’ll ever meet.” She deftly swaps out her empty flute for a fresh one as a waiter passes with a tray. “I’m looking for adventure.”

kay:

“oh my”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“The magistrate? That’s so unlike you Luciana. ” The rose knight finishes his drink in one gulp, not very Knightly of him. “I’m on a mission to catch a big fish tonight.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“time to get another drink”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana replies, “I was. Caught your friend on the end of a cranky outburst, that one. I didn’t realize they were a magistrate. And as for the mask well, it’s like I said – quite the eye catching piece, I would just love to have something similar for my personal collection. I’m curious where you might have…acquired such a rare beauty.” Luciana turns to the ROSE KNIGHT, frowning. “I don’t know what you mean, dear. And how is that mission of yours going, anyway? You’ve spent more time dancing than…fishing.”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: You’ve heard of the Harpers a bit – you know they aren’t criminal, but you aren’t sure exactly WHAT their purpose is. GILDED ROSE: “Well, I’m always willing to hire on skilled freelancers.” She takes a long puff of her cigar and blows it out the window. “What’s your skill set?” ROSE KNIGHT + LUCIANA: “Oh, she’s not my friend. But tell me more about this fish you’ve got on the line, I’d love to hear about that.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana purposefully bumps the ROSE KNIGHT with their elbow.

Luciana Octavius:

((can I make an intelligence / history check to learn more about the magistrate))

DM | Jay:

((yeah go for it))

nero:

Bela thinks for a moment, before shaking their head. “No, my secrets are best kept … just that. Thank you for your interest.”

Hannelore:

“I specialize in information gathering and am both a fair hand and strong ally in a fight. I can also play you a lovely lullaby if you’ve troubles sleeping.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Just your false god i’ve heard might be around. Not in terms of ego like most of the people here, but black enough to block out the sun” The Knight shrugs. ((can i make a persuassion check)

DM | Jay:

((yes))

kay:

HICKORY turns to BELA and seems thoughtful. “Did you just turn down a threesome?”

Borrislav:

“Harpers? Seems I’ve heard of them before. Some sort of organization? What is it you’re looking for here specifically, then?” He asks, hoping to urge a little more of an explanation. “Seeing as you aren’t carrying a harp, I doubt it has to do with the music.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((22 persuassion ))

Luciana Octavius:

((8 for intelligence check))

nero:

((WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS))

Luciana Octavius:

((IM LAUGHING))

kay:

((because it’s fun.))

Luciana Octavius:

((THIS IS SO FUNNY))

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY laughs and descends the stairs shouting back up “Pity you couldn’t find the courage, ciao BELA”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “False gods? I’ve been hearing about a few of those lately. Not something I PERSONALLY try to concern myself with, though. Religion ain’t my thing.” LUCIANA: You know that magistrates are the combination judges/police captains in Waterdeep – but you’ve been careful to avoid interacting with any until now, so you don’t really know who this might have been. GILDED ROSE: “Oh, a bard then? I don’t really have any of those in my employ, might be good to round out the squad a bit.” She nods thoughtfully. “Any tricks you can show off in decent company like this?” SILFGRIMM: “No, no, we’re a group of – do gooders, I suppose you could call us.” He gives a self-deprecating laugh. “We try to keep an eye on the criminal elements in the city and control them when the law can’t or won’t step in.”

nero:

Bela makes an EXTREMELY stupid noise, choking on seemingly nothing. Quickly looking back and forth between Hickory and the departing guest, they stutter, “That’s not– w-what? Is that? Were they?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I’ve heard one isn’t so bad. Everyone loves music after all. ” The Rose Knight knocks Luciana’s arm down off his ribs.

nero:

They immediately scoff, a little overwhelmed. “I-I came up here to be, to be alone, not– this!”

kay:

“Oh, my apologies. I’ll leave you alone then.” HICKORY bows, takes BELA’s hand and kisses it again, and waves as they head back down the stairs

Luciana Octavius:

((WHY DID I FIND THE ONE COP AT THE PARTY LMFAO))

Thomas Hatche:

((where is the person with the silver wire mask?))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “Oh, that guy? He’s definitely going about it different than the others are supposed to be, isn’t he? Making pacts with horrible monsters from before time versus, uh, teaching some kids music or whatever.”

DM | Jay:

((she is standing near a window, under a bit of blue drapery. she has people pretty continuously coming up to talk to her, but you could get a word or two in if you wanted))

Luciana Octavius:

((can I make an intelligence roll on the name “Xanathar”))

Borrislav:

“Well that’s all fine and good, but what happens if the law itself is broken?” says Silfgrimm, perhaps tipping his hand a little too far, and knowing it right away. “Ah, but politics. That’s what you were trying to avoid coming up here. What are you looking for specifically?”

DM | Jay:

((yep))

nero:

Bela is relieved, but immediately feels like they probably should have tried to get information out of at least one of them. Should they have lied about the threesome?? This is so hard!!!

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY will slink over and try to get a gauge for the conversation

Luciana Octavius:

((12))

kay:

((yeah bela you kinda fucked up that one, huh?))

Hannelore:

ROSE smiles and whistles a short melody call, and then Bertie is sitting on the window sill next to them as if out of nowhere, singing a short melody in response. She taps his beak affectionately, then extends her hand slightly towards a small table behind the cat-mask. She conjures a glimmering golden hand that deftly loads up a small plate with hor d’oeuvres and then brings the plate in front of Bertie, who chirps happily at a cold shrimp before devouring it.

nero:

((things ESCALATED))

Thomas Hatche:

((could of probably learned something there))

kay:

((like, idk, who the masked dragon is))

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: “The law itself broken, eh? Well, that’s what I’m here for, I suppose. We’ve heard rumors of some kind of dark element infiltrating the government, so I’m here to watch for evidence of that.” LUCIANA: You know from your contacts in the underworld that Xanathar is supposed to be a crime lord controlling a lot of the thefts and murders in Waterdeep. PROSPERITY: It seems like people are making a lot of petitions of this woman, as if she’s someone of importance – but nobody is saying her name, of course. GILDED ROSE: “Oh, that’s good, a familiar. And you can do basic magic at least. How much experience do you have with combat?”

Hannelore:

“I’ve enough. I’d be happy to audition those particular skills for you at a more appropriate time in a more appropriate venue, if you so desire.”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Making pacts for power isn’t the same as working for it. ” The Rose Knight Shrugs “I’m going to get another drink have a wonderful evening. Don’t get in too much trouble Luciana.”

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY will wait for a break and say “good evening, would you care for a dance?”

Borrislav:

((Silfgrimm would love to roll an insight on that statement by Mr. Jester))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

He heads over to the bar and orders a shot of tequila.

DM | Jay:

GILDED ROSE: She laughs. “Sure. Here’s my card.” She hands you a very plain business card with the name LUPINE FELIDAE on it, above an address and ORION ADVENTURING, UNLTMD. ROSE KNIGHT: Make a constitution save. PROSPERITY: She gives a short laugh. “I’d love the break, thank you.” SILFGRIMM: Roll insight.

kay:

HICKORY also is at the bar and sees ROSE KNIGHT’s order. “Tough night?”

Borrislav:

((Naaaatural 20!))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((21 con save. tequila shots are a specialty))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana gives the ROSE KNIGHT a knowing glance as they speak to Coryfold again. “Yes, that particular god is certainly raising some eyebrows around town I would say. Which reminds me, I’ve been hearing this name on the lips of a few people at this party, well, at least the magistrate over there seemed concerned about a shady figure named Xanathar. As a collector of fine objects, I’m curious to learn more about this fellow. Have you heard anything about them, Coryfold?”

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY will lead her into the dance floor “you seem positively beset by admirers, what is it you possess that drives them so wild?”

Luciana Octavius:

((I can roll a deception for that lie, just let me know))

Hannelore:

ROSE inclines her head. “A pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir. I’ll be in touch soon. I would benefit from continued mingling, I suspect.” Bertie hops up on her shoulder and she makes her way over to the bar, stepping up next to ROSE KNIGHT. “I must say, you have exquisite taste in masquerade attire.”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: The man seems perfectly sincere. He’s certainly not a spy, but definitely is a concerned citizen. ROSE KNIGHT: You’re barely feeling it, despite all the drinks. You’ve only become more charming and lucid. LUCIANA: Coryfold snorts. “Yes, Maggs over there would LOVE to know exactly who and where Xanathar is. What’s your purpose? Looking for a job?” PROSPERITY: “Why, it must be my charming nature and skills as a dancer.” She offsets this with a self-deprecating laugh.

Thomas Hatche:

“Oh, but you hadn’t started dancing yet, so it must surely be your charms, not some mysterious connections or secret title”

Borrislav:

Silfgrimm rolls the last bit of wine from his cup around his mouth and swallows, giving the individual an appraising look. “Y’know, I can’t quite understand it, but you seem like an honest individual yourself. Let me ask you a hypothetical question – If one needed some information, say, on a particularly important and powerful individual, would ye be the one to ask?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Rose Knight laughs “Hardly a tough night. Just hoping to make it more interesting. Three more shots for my new friends here” He passes one to Hickory and hands one to Gilded Rose “Why thank you, the rose theme is popular tonigt”

kay:

HICKORY will drink their shot

DM | Jay:

PROSPERITY: “My title isn’t secret, except for tonight.” She gives him a wink from behind her mask. “And what made you so bold as to ask me for a dance?” SILFGRIMM: “Aye, I might be. Perhaps if you were to provide some information in exchange, were you to know anything of relevance.”

kay:

HICKORY smiles at ROSE KNIGHT. “If you want to make it a more interesting night, Promised Prosperity over there is looking for a duel. Or I could tell you who to talk to if you like to live a little dangerously.”

Borrislav:

“Well, if you’ve got the shovel, I’ve got the dirt, as the saying goes. Come, lets move somewhere a wee bit more private, away from prying ears,” Silfgrimm states, motioning a little further away from the crowds, perhaps an alcove or a lone bench. “What if I told you that our interests might be… Parralel. That there actually is a presence most foul in this city.”

Luciana Octavius:

“A job, fellow companions of kindred spirit…” Luciana leans a bit closer and her voice lowers. “I don’t take jobs for people lightly, these days. I recently took over a quite a large drug lord’s area of operation, so you might say I’m looking to expand further. Tonight I’m hoping to make more friends than enemies, with the right people. Xanathar seems like a powerful contact indeed. As are you.” Luciana touches Coryfold’s mask lightly with their fingers. “Must have been quite a heist to capture this beauty from Waterdeep’s premiere historical musuem. I just must know how you did it.”

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY gently twirls her and maneuvers them into eyesight of the ROSE KNIGHT” I have a keen interest in individuals who seem trapped in their roles, I have a keener interest in helping them break those roles”

nero:

Bela descends the stairs, wary of Prosperity and Hickory, and returns to the buffet. Is dragon mask talking to anyone?

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Come now I already defeated them on the dance floor earlier. ” The ROSE KNIGHT finishes his second shot expertly. “But I’ll bite. Who can make this evening more interesting”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((to hickory))

kay:

HICKORY chuckles at the first comment, but says, “Watch out for the dragon. He’s got eyes all over the city.”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: He sits up straight and then leans in, obviously interested. “What do you know?!” LUCIANA: “Well, aren’t you straightforward.” They grab your hand and pull your fingers away, letting their hand linger on yours just a little too long. “I’ll tell you after you get a job.” PROSPERITY: She laughs again and twirls you in return. “I wouldn’t say I’m trapped. Indeed, I love my job. But the pressures of a job you love aren’t necessarily less. Do you enjoy what you do?” BELA: The dragon-mask is finishing up a dance and returning to a table by the side.

Luciana Octavius:

((CAN I MAKE A PERCEPTION CHECK ON MY HAND TO MAKE SURE I HAVEN’T BEEN CURSED AGAIN))

DM | Jay:

((lol yeah))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

The Rose Knight nods. “i don’t know how well dragons can dance, I suppose its time to find out”

Luciana Octavius:

((20 non natural))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: You haven’t been cursed, but they probably took a look at the fading scar on your hand from Maple’s mark.

Hannelore:

ROSE tips back her shot and settles back against the bar, watching KNIGHT and the others curiously.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana cocks her eyebrows at the touch of her hand and the pointed comment. “A job with whom, exactly?”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: “Xanathar’s Guild – isn’t that what you’re looking for?”

Thomas Hatche:

PROSPERITY smiles under their mask and gently halts the dance “I love what I do, but this is only the top of iceberg” he kisses her palm and attempts a sleight of hand, again

Borrislav:

“I can’t say all the details, but you’re aware of the newly appointed Lord of Waterdeep? He isn’t all that he appears to be. If you are all ye say you are, you might be the exact help I need.”

Borrislav:

“The real question is – Can I trust you, and can you trust me?”

Thomas Hatche:

((19?))

Luciana Octavius:

“Since you’re not offering to join me at the moment, would you perhaps be so kind as to enlighten me on who in this room I might talk to about said guild?” Luciana takes another look around the room looking for the ROSE KNIGHT, who they have lost track of unfortunately.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

The Rose Knight cracks his knuckles. This open bar thing is great, but it better be considering this outrageous price tag he’s paying to leave. Feeling good and riding high of tequila and his killer display on the dance floor he orders two shots of tequila and walks over with them to the Dragon at their table. “The stag told me you could make tonight more interesting. That true?” He sets the shot glass down in front of them with confidence.

DM | Jay:

PROSPERITY: She catches your hand as you try to slip the coin into her pocket. “Ah? It’s awfully rude to pickpocket, isn’t it. I’ll take this, and I think it may be time for you to leave. I do hope you have the exit fee.” SILFGRIMM: He leans forward, looking intent. “You can trust me. Tell me anything else you might know – and then we’ll know if we can trust anyone else.” LUCIANA: “Hey, I’M not going to join YOU, but YOU’RE free to join up with US.” Coryford cocks their head to one side. “I see you’re a former employee of that drow, so you’re not against a little drug-running.”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: The person in the dragon mask tilts their head slowly to one side. “For a given value of interesting. What is this, a proposition?”

kay:

((Can I roll to see who looks bored and I might go talk to?))

DM | Jay:

((sure))

kay:

((7))

kay:

((everyone looks bored))

Borrislav:

“Nay, not good enough, lad. You don’t understand – If this information gets in the wrong hands, we’ll have more than irons around our wrists to contend with. What kind of proof, what kind of assurance can you give me that you’re all you say you are?”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana twitches uncomfortably at the remark about her hand. “So the job involves drug-running then? I was hoping for something a little more exciting, given the mask you stole. Perhaps you have something more along those lines? I think I’m well past drug-running at this juncture, otherwise I’d be running my own people through Skullport and Waterdeep. Maybe you could put me in touch with your superior?”

nero:

Can … Bela roll a check to see if they recognize Rose Knight

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((can i make an insight roll on the dragon))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((god dammit like that will help lmao))

Thomas Hatche:

“I’ll go, but you have heard the last of me” PROSPERITY will go to the door and pay the exit fee and starts to make a scene and yell “YOU HAVENT HEARD THE LAST OF ME, YOU FILTHY, GREEDY ARISTOCRATS, THE TIME WILL COME JUST YOU SEE”

DM | Jay:

HICKORY: That lady in the rose mask looks like she could use some better company, she’s definitely bored with the people trying to talk to her. SILFGRIMM: The jester nods. “I can’t do too much at this party, of course, but here.” He hands you a copper coin that’s been flattened and re-imprinted with an image of a harp. “Come to the Second Avenue on Second Street and give this to the coat check.” LUCIANA: They grin at you. “Sure. Come down to see us at the Bloody Eye. It’s a tavern in Skullport.” BELA: Yeah. ROSE KNIGHT: Yeah. PROSPERITY: Everyone looks around at you as you leave. You sense deep disdain.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((14 ))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: The dragon radiates a somewhat unsettling aura, but you don’t quite know why. Maybe he’s had too much to drink?

kay:

HICKORY goes over to the lady with the rose mask. “Care for a dance?”

nero:

((16 to recognize rose knight))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“This is definitely a proposition” The Rose Knight answers with too much confidence and too much to drink. He ain’t going to back down.

Borrislav:

“Aye, that’ll do for now, lad. For now I think it’ll be a bit safer if we part ways. We’ll meet later.” He gives the individual a firm handshake. “For what it’s worth, the glimmer o’ silver and glimmer o’ gold doesn’t compare to a glimmer of hope. We’ll introduce names proper on our next meeting.”

Luciana Octavius:

((can I roll insight on their comment about working for the Xanathar guild, just to be sure))

DM | Jay:

BELA: Yeah, it’s Rico. HICKORY: She turns to you, looking irritated. “Can’t you see I’m talking to someone?” ROSE KNIGHT: The dragon-masked person steps forward. “Bold, aren’t you, without even getting to know me? What sort of proposition?” SILFGRIMM: The jester nods enthusiastically, returning the handshake. “My hopes are raised as well, and I hope to see you soon!” LUCIANA: Yea.

nero:

Is dragon mask facing away from Bela?

DM | Jay:

BELA: Yes, they are.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana smiles and holds out their hand to gently but warmly grasp Coryfold’s hand, giving it a small kiss on the back of it. They simultaneously cast prestidigitation on a small slip of paper in their hand and leave it curled up in Coryfeld’s palm. “I look forward to seeing you again, Coryfold.” The slip of paper says Luciana’s actual alias. “Yours truly, Azalea Nex” on it.

Luciana Octavius:

((6 for insight))

Borrislav:

With that, Silfgrimm descends down the stairs. As much as relief there is stress to match, and he finds himself at the buffet table. Strange breaded meat tubes meet him, and though he is a bit dubious, he pops one in his mouth.

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Coryfold tucks the piece of paper away in their coat and gives you another wink. “LOVELY to meet you, Octavius.” You’re not sure if it’s sarcastic. SILFGRIMM: How’s that tube taste?

kay:

HICKORY blinks a few times at the irritation, and presses his lips together. “You seemed like you needed a breather, sorry for interrupting.”

nero:

Bela casts Message on Rose Night, whispering as it casts. “Rico! He has a really strong illusion spell on him!! Be careful!!!”

Borrislav:

It tastes of pork with bread wrapped around it – In other words INCREDIBLE. Who else is at the buffet table at the moment?

Luciana Octavius:

((do I need to make a perception check on the Rose Knight to see what he’s doing))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Being bold is the only way to make things happen” The Rose Knight offers a hand as suddenly fucking Nero messages him “Shall we dance” he offers a hand

DM | Jay:

HICKORY: She composes her face into a slight smile again. “You’re more than welcome to talk to me later, once I’ve finished my conversation.” SILFGRIMM: The person in the black half mask and black robe is currently eating some truffles. LUCIANA: No, I think you can see your friend is currently engaged in a flirtatious interaction with a person in a dragon mask. ROSE KNIGHT: You get the sense that the person in the dragon mask is mocking you as they say, “I’d love to dance with you, Sir Bold Knight.”

kay:

HICKORY leaves and goes over to the bar again

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana bids Coryfold goodbye and starts to move along the edge of the dancefloor to keep an eye on the Rose Knight.

Luciana Octavius:

((is anyone else dancing nearby the Rose Knight and the Dragon Mask?))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: The person in the dog mask is dancing with a partner, and the person in the beaded headdress is also dancing.

Luciana Octavius:

((is the beaded headdress person dancing alone?))

Borrislav:

“Oi lad!” Silfgrim nudges the man eating truffles with his elbow. “What are these little meats? They’re incredible! Silfgrimm by the way.”

DM | Jay:

((no, they have a partner as well))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I bet you would” the ROSE KNIGHT leads them onto the dance floor “So, what makes you so dangerous that people would tell me to keep my distance”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: “Those are sausage rolls?” The black-clad person looks at you with some disdain at your lack of manners and knowledge of basic foodstuffs. ROSE KNIGHT: “Who’s been telling you I’m dangerous?” the dragon mask parries.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana moves along to the buffet, keeping their eyes on the Rose Knight and bumps into Bela.

Luciana Octavius:

“My apologies,” Luciana immediately blurts out. “I was trying to keep an eye out for a friend.”

nero:

“Oh, sorry,” Bela says at the same time, despite being the one who got bumped into.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

The Rose Night is gonna fucking DIP THEM TOO ((imm roll preformance)) “Enough people to make me interested.” Pulls out that nice flirty tone.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana extends her hand. “Octavius.” ((can I perception check to see who Bela is staring at))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((i rolled a 19, come on rico get your shit together))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “Interested in what way?” LUCIANA: Go for it.

Luciana Octavius:

((17 perception on Bela))

Borrislav:

“Sausage rolls, eh? Never had one myself. What’s your preoccupation of the evening?” He asks, turning away from the buffet line and watching the dancefloor again. Looks like that Rose Knight is at it again, dancing with the Dragon mask from earlier.

nero:

Bela is … distracted, but takes their hand anyway. “Um, Bela.”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: You can tell Bela is watching your friend dance with the dragon masked person. SILFGRIMM: “It’s a work function,” they say. “And it’s been an awful hassle, too. All kinds of nasty sorts showing their faces.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana follows Bela’s gaze suspiciously. “Seems you’re keeping an eye on my friend as well. Do you know either of those two dancers?”

nero:

“O-Oh, uh, no, I– they’re just … curious! Do you know anything about them?”

Borrislav:

“Aye, a shame really. You’d think the high price to come to one of these events would stay the foolhearty. So you must work for the city then? As this party is thrown by the city.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana replies, “Well, the Rose Knight happens to be an acquaintance of mine, actually. I’m making sure he doesn’t get himself into too much trouble.”

DM | Jay:

SILFGRIMM: “Indeed I do. What’s your purpose here tonight?”

nero:

“Ah … that’s, that’s nice of you. I’m actually a little … worried about him, the one he’s dancing with seems to have some … powerful magic.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana raises her eyebrows. “Powerful magic? Should I be concerned for my friend?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Being told to stay away, usually makes me more interested. Also the illusion you’ve got going when everyone is already wearing a mask. Isn’t that a little much?”

nero:

Bela gives Luciana a worried look. “I’m … not sure how to help.”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “Masks are an illusion, a little magic on top isn’t much. But I’m curious – why are you investigating spells people have cast on themselves?” Roll a constitution save.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana takes Bela’s hand quickly. “Care to get a little closer? I need a cover.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana pulls Bela into the dancefloor before they can answer, heading towards the Rose Knight.

nero:

((Is dragon mask casting a spell?))

DM | Jay:

((no it’s more like an intimidation check))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((wait is it a con save or charisma then))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((ah shit thats a 5))

DM | Jay:

((constitution, because you’ve been drinking))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((oh hahaah))

Borrislav:

“Oh you could call it a work function, too for that matter…” Silfgrimm trails off as, rather abruptly, the other two who were near the buffet table move onto the dance floor after having a hurried conversation. “Hm…”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: You feel the force of….personality, or something, bearing down on you. It reminds you of being around higher ranking demons, back when you worked as an incubus. Suddenly, as the dragon mask spins you around, you find yourself dizzy and disoriented. SILFGRIMM: Rose Knight seems less composed than he was before on the dance floor.

DM | Jay:

Actually, LUCIANA and BELA notice that lack of composure as well, since you’re over there.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana drags Bela into the dancefloor about 5 feet away from the Rose Knight and the Dragon Mask person and begins dancing. “I’m guessing you don’t know how to lead, or don’t want to, but just pretend to know what you’re doing and don’t give yourself away just yet, okay? Let’s keep an eye on him.”

Luciana Octavius:

((meaning that Luciana will lead so that Bela can focus on the two behind them))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Didn’t deny the over c-compensating bit” He manages to force out, irritated. Clearly he really should have been at least a little bit careful, instead of just jumping in headfirst. “Do you really have eyes all over the city?”

nero:

Bela is too distracted by Rose Knight’s situation to resist being pulled to the dance floor. “Shit, Rico,” he whispers. “What just happened??”

Luciana Octavius:

((can I roll insight on Bela’s bad attempt to cover their voice saying “Rico” to see if I recognize them lol))

Borrislav:

Silfgrimm will keep an eye on the two, temporarily forgetting about the conversation he was just having. Something wasn’t right here, but he can’t quite place why – Perhaps the gentleman is too drunk?

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “Of course I have eyes everywhere. It’s part of my job to. But I must know -” And you feel that force bearing down on you again. “What makes you so interested in me?”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Yeah. SILFGRIMM: Roll insight on that situation.

Luciana Octavius:

((10))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

the rose knight is a dumb bitch and keeps talking pretending like it isn’t effecting him. Its not like he hasn’t had to deal with this before. “I’m looking for some information. You the one to talk to or not”

Borrislav:

((Not great! 5))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: You are literally right next to Bela – you hear their whisper. ROSE KNIGHT: “Oh, I have plenty of information and you’re not answering my questions.” SILFGRIMM: Hm. Perhaps the rose-themed gentleman has been drugged by the dragon! You should probably go rescue him.

Luciana Octavius:

((I meant if I could discern if I recognize their voice or not))

DM | Jay:

((Oh, yeah, I don’t think you recognize it as Nero’s voice from that))

Luciana Octavius:

((ok!))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana bends down and whispers in Bela’s ear. “Can you hear what they’re saying?”

DM | Jay:

EVERYONE: The clock chimes 11:30 – the ball is nearly over!

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“You not enjoying the dance?” The Rose Knight is sweatin”The newest lord of waterdeep, know anything about him?”

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: “I do. He’s me.” The dragon’s voice is a hiss.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((aw beans))

nero:

((Can bela hear them from here))

Borrislav:

Silfgrimm cleares his voice and excuses himself from the buffet, and makes his way over to the dance floor. “Oh, I think I recognise a gentleman whose had a few too many! Mind if I cut in, get him some fresh water?” he interrupts most likely at the absolute worst time.

DM | Jay:

BELA: Roll a perception check to make sure you can keep overhearing as you weave around the dance floor.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana starts moving Bela closer to the Rose Knight and the Dragon Mask as they dance.

nero:

((7))

DM | Jay:

BELA: Unfortunately, some enthusiastic dancers get in the way, and you not only lose hearing but also sight of the Rose Knight and his partner.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Pleasure to meet you. Why are you bringing such shitty incubI into the city? This is my town”

Hannelore:

((incubi???))

nero:

“No! Wait, jeez, we’re losing them!”

Thomas Hatche:

((yeah it’s incubi)

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((RICO WOULD KNOW THAT))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((I SWEAR))

Hannelore:

((APPARENTLY NOT))

Luciana Octavius:

“What??” Luciana hisses and spins herself and Bela around to look. ((can I roll perception to see where they went in the crowd))

Borrislav:

((Rico you’re drunk))

DM | Jay:

ROSE KNIGHT: The dragon scoffs. “If it ever was, it isn’t anymore.” LUCIANA: Yes, go for it. SILFGRIMM arrives, attempting to rescue THE ROSE KNIGHT.

Luciana Octavius:

((6 :c))

nero:

((DAMN IT))

Luciana Octavius:

((LOW WISDOM CREW))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: Where did they go???? You’re looking around wildly, but can’t see them between all the dancers.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Well my lord, what are you going to do when you have it?”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((can i use a persuassion check))

DM | Jay:

((Sure))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((15, not great))

DM | Jay:

The dragon mask bows and releases the Rose Knight to Silfgrimm. As he disappears back into the crowd, he says, “You’ll see soon. I know you, of all people, will certainly notice.”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana stops leading Bela to move through the crowd.

nero:

Bela will break off and make their way away from the dance floor, hoping to get a better view.

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana moves out of the middle of the floor to see if they can spot anyone.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“That’s a really shitty last line. ” he looks over at Silfgrimm “who are you”

DM | Jay:

((Okay, I think all the objectives have been completed! Is there anything anybody wants to do to wrap up?))

Borrislav:

Silfgrimm starts to pull on the ROSE KNIGHTs arm. “Come on, lets sit you down. I think you might have had a few too many my friend.” he lies, hoping that the knight doesn’t check him on it. Once he sits him down, he offers him a small vial of green liquid tucked from within one of his pouches. “Come on, drink up. It’ll make you feel better.”

Luciana Octavius:

((UH SO I HAVE NO MONEY TO GET OUT OF HERE SO))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana is gonna try and find the Rose Knight and find out what that was all about.

Borrislav:

((oops. Looks like you’re going in jail :c))

nero:

((ask me for a loan))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

He looks at the vial skeptically “Is this going to sober me up or poison me”

Luciana Octavius:

((I dont know u))

nero:

((that sucks))

Borrislav:

“Well sobriety is its own kind of poison, I suppose, but aye it’ll sober you up.” the man says with a warm smile.

Luciana Octavius:

((nevermind I have a plan to leave))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA, you could try to charm or trick someone into paying your exit fee. Or just pickpocket?

Luciana Octavius:

((I WAS GONNA STEAL FROM RIGGS BUT THEN HE GOT AWAY LMFAO))

Luciana Octavius:

((THAT WAS MY WHOLE PLAN THE WHOLE TIME))

Luciana Octavius:

((low wisdom crew life))

Hannelore:

((Hannelore would probably offer to cover it if she saw you embarrassed about it by the door))

Luciana Octavius:

((actually can I go find the magistrate))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I appreciate you lookin out for me” he hiccups “But after that I do think i deserve another shot”

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((sorry he’s a child))

Luciana Octavius:

((MMM FUCK I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WANNA DO LOL))

Borrislav:

“Whatever you say, my friend! Just be careful when consorting with dragons, eh? They are known for being cunning tricksters, and politicians and crime lords are no better.”

Luciana Octavius:

((CAN I MAKE A PERCEPTION CHECK TO SEE WHO LOOKS PRETTY WASTED BESIDES THE ROSE KNIGHT))

Borrislav:

((Borrislav casts LESSER RESTORATION on PROBABLY RICO))

Hannelore:

ROSE orders a shot of the same stuff KNIGHT was drinking before and brings it over to him. “Here, repayment. It looks as though you could use it.”

nero:

((LM FAO))

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA, yeah, go for it

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“HEY”

Borrislav:

((Unless you refused the green vial))

Luciana Octavius:

((21))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

probably rico spits out the probably moss he shoved in his mouth

Borrislav:

BLENDED moss, excuse you.

DM | Jay:

EVERYONE: A guard calls from the door “Fifteen minutes until midnight!” LUCIANA: There is a WASTED looking person wearing a filgree golden mask with a fat purse hanging halfway out of their pocket.

nero:

Bela can probably find their way to Rose Night and approaches just as multiple strangers are attempting to shove things in his mouth

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Not the first time

Hannelore:

((rico is used to that??))

Hannelore:

((okay yeah i thought so))


Borrislav:((Usually in a different context))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“hello nero, you going to try and shove something in my mouth too”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana quietly approaches said person with the fat purse. Are they passed out or just really drunk?

DM | Jay:

Just really drunk.

Borrislav:

“Wait, Nero?” Silfgrimm turns around and looks between the Rose Knight and Bela, and then at the Gilded Rose.

kay:

((nero getting all the tail tonight))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((rico is an incubus LMAO))

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana approaches them and offers a hand. “You look like you need some help getting home, may I be of assistance?”

Borrislav:

“…Hold on. Do we all know eachother?”

nero:

Bela ignores him. “Is … he doing ok?” they ask Silfgrimm and Gilded Rose.

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: They look up at you blearily and give you their hand, nodding so hard they almost tip over.

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“I really shoulda just stabbed the guy, woulda made this a lot easier”

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana leads them to the door, one hand on their hip to steady them and the other hand reaching into the purse to grab enough money for the exit fee. ((I’ll roll sleight of hand))

Hannelore:

“Not sure what part of that would have made it easier, friend. Blood on the dance floor never turns out well.”

Borrislav:

“Aye, he’s fine. I think he might have had too much to drink or drank the wrong thing,” Silfgrimm mouths the word “POISON” to Nero, facing away from ‘I can’t believe it’s not Rico’

Luciana Octavius:

((do I get adv for them being wasted or nah))

DM | Jay:

((yeah))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

“Blood on the dance floor is a great name for a song”

Luciana Octavius:

((13))

Hannelore:

“Indeed, but I’m thankful it’s not the song of tonight.”

DM | Jay:

LUCIANA: You manage to grab a handful of gold, spilling the rest out onto the floor. The drunk person yells, “MY GOLD!!” as they start scrambling to pick it up. You’ve made a scene, but you have enough to leave.

nero:

Bela casts message on Rose Knight, whispering [Rico, I’m in disguise!!!!]

Borrislav:

((MY GOLD))\

Luciana Octavius:

Luciana books it to the door

Luciana Octavius:

((LOL))

Luciana Octavius:

((SORRY RICO I CAN’T STAY AND HELP BUT NERO WILL HEAL YOU))

Borrislav:

((I don’t know why that cracked me up))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((flee))

Hannelore:

((I think literally everyone else here can heal him at this point, lets draw straws))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

((IMFINE))

DM | Jay:

Well, unless there’s anything else to do, shall we call it here?

nero:

(( I CANT HEAL SHIT))

Luciana Octavius:

((lol))

Luciana Octavius:

((yes))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

Rico invites everyone to his bar to write his new song, blood on the dance floor

nero:

((Yeah I’m just fucking around at this point))

Borrislav:

((Rico has been lesser restored. He is sober as a church mouse))

RICO SAINT CHRISTIAN:

the anthem for them killing the black sun

Luciana Octavius:

another great song title

Borrislav:

((Except for the single shot given by gilded))

DM | Jay:Cool! Good job all, you got 15 EXP, you’re all out 500 gold, but you all gained some GOOD CONTACTS AND OPPORTUNITIES!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.